about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

project: ghostie garland

Ghostie Garland


After I made the ghost toy the other day, I realized that the same ghosties would be frighteningly cute as a garland...and so here we are! This was really quick to make and I love how it looks hanging over our fireplace.

Ghostie Garland

Making your own not-so-spooky garland is easy! Here's how:

Ghostie Garland

You will need:

White felt
Black embroidery floss
Drinking straw (Cut into short pieces)
String or yarn
Scissors
Needle
Hot glue gun

Ghost Template PDF

To make the ghosties, cut out the shapes from felt, then embroider the faces. Make some of them facing the opposite direction. You'll need a bunch...however many you want on your garland. (I made 11)

Ghostie Garland
Ghostie Garland

Add a bead of hot glue to the back of each ghostie to attach a straw piece. For mine, I staggered the height of the straws so that it looks like the ghosts are sort of floating along, and not all in a straight line. It's up to you though!

Ghostie Garland

Thread a string through the straws and tie a loop in each end of the string.

Ghostie Garland
Ghostie Garland

Hang the garland and watch the ghosties fly!

16 comments:

  1. EEEPS! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS! I am sort of a garland junkie (There are 4 hanging in my home right now, and I have 2 more to put together...it's seriously a happy illness.) And what a genius idea to use the drinking straw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is too cute! So clever with the straw in the back!! Thanks for sharing! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Especially the use of straws; so easy but brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mollie, I love this! What a great idea...I am total fan and cannot wait to make it for my own holiday decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever. I have to make this IMMEDIATELY. pretty much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah! So simple but soooo cute! Will make a string of them this weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe!! That's super super cute! I'm going to make it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mollie! Thanks for stopping by LLR -- and being the inspiration behind my garland... Have a fabulous week. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! One of my favorite halloween projects this year. Is it okay if I feature it on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable. I think they'd be even cuter with rosy cheeks, or would that be too much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie cheeks would be adorable!

      Delete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!