about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

the scariest stitching I've ever stitched

Nearly Stinky Stitching

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you may have already seen this photo and heard the story. If you have, please forgive and indulge me as I recount my harrowing tale once more.

This photo represents the scariest stitching I've ever stitched.

It doesn't look so very scary, but looks can be deceiving. It was a beautiful night. The sun was starting to go down, but it was still bright. I decided to go sit on the front porch/patio. (In my PJs, naturally, because I'm a blogger and this is common work attire.)

I was happily stitching, admiring the sky, and sipping some coffee too. This summer didn't include much outdoor stitching, for various reasons, so I thought I should document it with this photo.

No sooner had I posted the pic, but I looked up to see a skunk making its way across the patio and into the landscaping. It was a couple yards away from me.

I knew that startling it would end badly, and every noise in the neighborhood raised my heart rate. He kept coming closer, and I held as still as possible, praying that he would just move on. And finally, he did. Not before walking right past the screen door where our cat was sitting, and I got one last dose of fear.

As soon as he was out of sight, I went straight inside.

The moral of the story? Never go outside.

Okay, maybe not that, but do consider the time of day when you head outside, and watch out for wildlife that may cause your embroidery to really stink! Now I think I may need to stitch up a little project to remember this occasion...

9 comments:

  1. "The moral of the story? Never go outside." That's hilarious. I laughed out loud. Thanks for the chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger attire and stitching with a skunk--what a great story:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story......we get enough scary animals in Australia, just glad we don't have skunks as well. By the by, interested in how you are doing your embroidery. What have you drawn your leaf on? And is it actually adhered to the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I expect to see a smiling skunk pattern from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a raccoon follow me up the stairs to my apartment one time, and I am pretty sure I peed my pants a little when I saw him. Ha! I'm glad you didn't get sprayed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story! Too bad there was such a risk involved - skunks are so cute, and it would be lovely to just be able to admire one, close up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto what CRAFTBOT said... A little smiling skunk in your style would be cute... and a lot less smelly than the real deal.

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!